Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Morning Walk


This morning was perfect for a walk outdoors, the grass was wet, the wind was blowing and the temperature was perfect!!

Aren't these little mushrooms cute!?! Why is little stuff so cute anyway??
With all the rain we've had over the past couple of days I guess it's made lots of mushrooms pop up.


Our yard is full of them. We saw about 5 or 6 different kinds.


Check out this lumpy mushroom, Fisher was sure I did not want a picture of this one!


The small ones made "little cities" as Fisher pointed out. He was very right!



I think this green stuff is lichen. It is the very cool stuff that grows like a tight bed of grass.


Aren't these red leaves beautiful! My friend Jane says they are falling early because of the draught, not because of Autumn. I found just a few.

More lichen with embedded rocks.









No comments: