Wednesday, September 3, 2008

On the Flint



At the beginning of the trip, Radium Springs Rd. boat landing



Here we go ~ 3 p.m.

I like the roots below on the trees.

Heading into the Springs


Mike is checking out the Springs, his canoe can go under the fallen log.


Look at the light blue ring around the tree to the left!
That is crystal clear spring water.


Mike & his very cute red canoe inside the springs

Wow is all I can say


This water is so clear I can see my toes!



Back on the River, it is high from the rain from Gustaf




We also saw lots of birds. It was a quiet day on the river.
We floated from Dougherty County near Radium Springs to the Mitchell County Line.
There was a tiny shower which was welcomed, it was a sunny day.
The storms held off on us for our 4 hour trip on the Flint.

We found lots of cool leaves


Check out this heart shaped leaf.


1 comment:

Matt, Wendy, Julia and Alex said...

Heidi, I keep meaning to tell you how beautiful all your pictures are. I want to canoe down that river! I looooved the pictures of the blue jellyfish and I can't believe there was one just like it in N.Geo! Have you ever thought about submitting your pics somewhere? Hope to see you soon. We love you! Wendy